[ptx] perspective correction

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Mon Aug 14 22:08:24 BST 2006

 Steve Schacht twisted the bytes to say:

 Steve> On Aug 14, 2006, at 12:08 PM, Bernard Lang wrote:
 >> I have another problem ... not as bothersome : apparently HUGIN is not
 >> able to take into account that a picture was taken in portrait mode.

 Steve> Yeah, that was the first issue I encountered as well.  It would
 Steve> certainly be desirable for Hugin to honor the image orientation info
 Steve> if present in the EXIF data.

 Steve> Honoring color profiles and embedding them in the output files would
 Steve> be nice as well.

This is already implemented in PTmender (currently in subversion, I
don't think we have officially released it). There is a catch, though,
it only works for TIFF or JPG inputs and _only_ when the output is
TIFF.

dmg

--
Daniel M. German                  "All the fun of sitting still, being quiet,
   Principal Skinner (Simpsons) -> writing down numbers, yes science has it all.""