[ptx] perspective correction

Bernard Lang bearin at datcha.net
Mon Aug 14 19:08:25 BST 2006

Hi,

I am a beginner at using HUGIN.

I have been trying to follow all the steps of the tutorial
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/perspective/en.shtml
(thanks to the author BTW).

However, I was unable to achieve any result.

It seem that the optimizer will simply ignore the horizontal and
vertical lines information.

Actually, the small window that appear when running the optimizer (and
where one must click to actually apply the modifications resulting
from optimizer computation) always contains null values : 0.000000

That did not worry me too much with other tutorials (stiching 2
pictures http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/two-photos/en.shtml )
since I did get corrective values for the pictures to be changed,
regarding yaw, pitch and roll.

But changing the perspective for a single image has been for me a
complete failure.

Can you give me a hint ?  or a reference ?

sorry if this seems a trivial question ...  searching the web has been
fruitless ... as well as all other efforts, including getting a new
version of HUGIN (I replaced the 0.5 with a 0.6).

and may-be my failure can be turned into an addition to the tutorial.

Cordialement

Bernard Lang

P.S.

I have another problem ... not as bothersome : apparently HUGIN is not
able to take into account that a picture was taken in portrait mode.
It does not read it in the EXIF data, and I am not sure that giving
the information as a 90 degrees roll is a good idea since the control
points tab will ignore this, in my experience.

Bernard.Lang at inria.fr             ,_  /\o    \o/    Tel  +33 1 3963 5644
                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX