[ptx] Suggestion: Indicate Saved State

Steve Schacht shot at adeptool.com
Mon Aug 14 18:48:02 BST 2006

Thanks for the reply, Ippei.

On Aug 13, 2006, at 11:39 AM, Ippei UKAI wrote:

> I know what you mean very well. On OSX, HuginOSX is a barely
> acceptable application in terms of user experience. This is mostly
> due to the fact hugin is a cross plat form application which
> displays all the user interfaces through an abstraction layer,
> which displays everything as native as possible on all Mac, Linux
> and Windows still letting us write only one set of codes.

Ok, I figured there was some LCD (least common denominator) cross-
platform development going on.   :-)

> Now, what we can do to the title bar. To be honest, it is very
> limited. All we can do is to change the title and change which
> boxes to enable (close, minimise, and resize/maximise). Maybe we
> could let the title to say "(Unsaved)" in the title bar, but that's
> furthest we can do I think.

Or how about a simple asterisk (or bullet or diamond or some other
universal character) prepended to the window title (project name) if
the document is dirty.  I'm generally not in favor if cryptic UI
design, but this was a convention adopted by a number of applications
on the Mac before the official "unsaved" indicator.

---
Steve Schacht
shot at adeptool.com