[ptx] Re: Sluggish behaviour of the preview window

Ulf Wilhelmson ulf.wilhelmson at netatonce.net
Sun Aug 13 15:37:22 BST 2006

Pablo d'Angelo <pablo.dangelo <at> web.de> writes:

> Hi Ulf,
>
> all suggestions are welcome
>

> The outline mode you suggested might be
> a good idea, however I don't have time to implement it
This is very understandable. Mayby next release... Thank you for your
positive responce.

> As a workaround you can disable the auto-update (not that nice though...).

Not very practical to use. I've tried it.

May I add one more suggestion for the preview?
Sometimes the needed fov adjustment is small.
In that case mayby a set of nudge buttons could be useful for finetuning.
Alternatively a pair of numerical fields that are showing the fov values just as
in the stitcher tab, but with numerical input also allowed. Or both...? :-))

> ciao
>   Pablo
>

> Ulf Wilhelmson schrieb:
> > Hi.
> >

> > If all shape-changing operations instead created a common image for
> > previewing ,this image might be more efficient for rescaling when changing
> > the fov.
> > An even faster alternative might be to use the outline of the combined image
> > during the slider operation to show the resulting edge, and performing the
> > remapping after mouse button release is detected.
> >

> > Ulf

Ulf