Renewing OSX Distribution (was Re: [ptx] Hugin 0.6 on OS X Crashing)

Ippei UKAI ippei_ukai at mac.com
Wed Aug 9 23:40:11 BST 2006

On 2006-08-09, at 17:41, Mr. Roger Howard wrote:

>>> Suggested change to hugin itself
>>>
>>> In the preference, the paths to enblend and autopano should be
>>> the choice between "Search Default Locations" and "Specify custom
>>> path". On Linux, "default search locatins" would be the bin
>>> search paths, and on Mac, would be "Application Support" folders
>>> of user and system levels, and inside the .app application bundle.
>>
>> sounds good to me!
>
> Why not search default bin paths on OSX too (either by using common
> defaults, or reading in defaults from the shell env variables)?

Because I want to make HuginOSX more Mac native than a typical Unix-
ported application. Installing something in a bin search path can be
avoided easily, and there is a far better way called application
bundle. Unless the user uses command-line, we can even skip the
action of "installation" all over. That's the way most OSX users expect.

Ippei

--
   MSN & AIM: ippei_ukai at mac.com  (Skype: ippei_ukai)