[ptx] Adobe DNG format SDK

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Tue Apr 25 12:46:40 BST 2006

On Tue 25-Apr-2006 at 08:26 +0200, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> What are the problems, you meet with linear HDR's?

I wasn't criticising cinepaint, I was really just repeating my
understanding from the thread JD Smith mentioned:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools/38135/

ie: Although it is possible to treat linear 16bit data as a kind of
'limited dynamic range' HDR, this is a bit of a hack - 'Real' HDR
data is floating-point.

Having said that, the 16bit approach works fine.  This page
describes it, but needs renaming to "16bit workflow with hugin":

http://www.panotools.info/mediawiki/index.php?title=HDR_workflow_with_hugin

--
Bruno