[ptx] OSX Compiling

JD Smith jdsmith at as.arizona.edu
Sun Apr 16 02:28:45 BST 2006

How close are we to having OSX as a first-class citizen for hugin,
like Linux, in terms of compiling?  It seems Ippei has put lots of
work into hacking around various deficiencies in the support
libraries and hugin itself, but ideally, instructions for compiling
for MacOSX from CVS would read:

1. Get boost, vigra, wxWidgets, libpano12 (e.g. with DarwinPorts).
2. Get hugin.
3. cd hugin/
4. ./configure --with-boost=/opt/local/lib ...
5. make
6. copy src/hugin.app wherever you'd like on your system.

What obstacles stand in the way of that?  Does hugin use pkg-config,
which would let it auto-discover various libraries it needs to
compile (assuming they use it, I suppose)?  Are there any fundamental
issues preventing a truly seamless cross-platform compatibility of
this sort?

JD