[ptx] Multi-layer TIFFs on OS X

Ippei UKAI ippei_ukai at mac.com
Tue Nov 29 16:49:12 GMT 2005

On 29 Nov 2005, at 06:59, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:

> Ian Wood schrieb:
>> After some discussions on the PTAssembler forum, i discovered that
>> multi-layer TIFF output just renders the relevant part of each output
>> image, saving on file size and resource usage.
>>
>> Is there any easy way on OS X to split this file up for use with
>> Enblend? Preview recognises all the layers but can't save individual
>> ones, and anyway doesn't recognise any offset info that would be
>> needed
>> to pad out the canvas.

If you install libtiff (you can do it through Fink), you get the
command-line tool called tiffsplit, which splits tiff files into
multiple files. I've never tried, but I think it does the job.

> hugin 0.5 will contain the option to create these cropped tiff output
> tiff files directly (code is already in the CVS). Using tiffsplit is
> then no longer needed.

The latest snap of HuginOSX is available here:
http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/.Public/HuginOSX-05rc3.zip
http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/.Public/HuginOSX-05rc3debug.zip

(In fact, this is the first 'release build' available in public. Less
than 1/3 in size striped off of debug symbols.)

Ippei

--
   My general MSN, AIM, and E-Mail: ippei_ukai at mac.com
   Homepage:  http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/