[ptx] Configure problem

Balazs Bezeczky e9825128 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Nov 24 20:00:03 GMT 2005

hi,

I just downloaded all the neccesary tools to build hugin and succeeded
in compiling them.
when I try to run ./configure in the hugin directory, it quits with the
following errors about boost:
checking boost version... 1.31
checking Boost headers files presence... NO
checking Boost libraries presence... /usr/local/lib
checking for boost... no
checking boost/test/test_tools.hpp usability... no
checking boost/test/test_tools.hpp presence... no
checking for boost/test/test_tools.hpp... no
checking for boost unit test framework library... no
checking for boost_unit_test_framework library variant presence...
/usr/local/lib/libboost_unit_test_framework-gcc.so
configure: error:
        the boost headers must be installed on your system
        but configure could not find it. Use --with-boost to
        specify the location of the boost library and
        --with-boost-version to specify your version

I even tried to run it like this:
./configure --with-boost=/usr/local/include/boost-1_33_1/boost/
--with-boost-version=1.33

but no luck here. I took a look at the configure script, and it searches
 in the specified boost path, but I guess the boost directory structure
has changed, so the script can't find it.

the --without-boost option doesn't work for me either.

do I miss something or is there really a problem with boost 1.33 and the
config script?

please CC me as I'm not subscribed.

thanks a lot in advance.
cheers,