[ptx] Newbie questions

Denis Héraud denis at denisheraud.com
Tue Nov 1 12:12:37 GMT 2005

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to use Hugin rc2 under Mac OS X Tiger (in the GUI),
and after a few tries I've come short of stitching anything
meaningful together.

I've got some landscape pictures I've tried to stitch, specifically a
set of 4 or 5 pictures from Arizona, and in this instance, everytime
I try to stitch them (I've set 7 or 8 reference points between each
picture), when I stitch the photo, all I get is the first photo and
the second stitched together but the result is rather weird (first
photo is bigger than the second and both seem to be a little warped).

I'm also lacking some knowledge as far as camera and lens specs go.
I've calculated the crop factor for my camera as 1.59... (Canon
Digital Rebel 300D). Does this sound correct? Also, should I be
touching any of the other settings or should I simply press
"Optimize" and be done with it?

I've read countless tutorials on Hugin and still fail to come up with
anything tangible, I thought maybe you guys could give me a few
pointers.

Cheers!

Denis Heraud