[ptx] help gentoo amd64 problems

Hal V Engel hvengel at astound.net
Thu Mar 31 20:06:02 BST 2005

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 12:45 am, Hal V Engel wrote:
snip

> > Brian Innes wrote:
> > For what it is worth I have given up trying to get Mono + libgdiplus
> > installed on my amd64 gentoo machine.  Not what you probably wanted to
> > hear, but I've had no success at all with mono + libgdiplus, so I can
> > live without autopano sift!

snip

I got autopano-sift working on my Gentoo amd64 machine.  I was not able to get
autopano-sift to build using the ebuild or manually from the tarball.  But I
was able to use the *.exe and *.dll files from the tarball's bin/ directory
by copying these into /usr/local/bin.  Since these are machine independent
byte code it should not matter what machine compiled them.  In Hugin I had to
set the Autopano-SIFT command to "mono /usr/local/bin/autopanog.exe" to get
it to work.  I have run this a couple of times now and it worked both times.
Not an exhaustive test but it looks good so far.

For those running a Gentoo amd64 machine you will need to umask mono-1.1.5 and
libgdiplus-1.1.5 and use keywords "~amd64" for these.  You will also need to
set keywords to "~x86" for gtk-sharp-1.0.8 and glade-sharp-1.0.8.  I am not
sure if glade-sharp is needed but the autopano-sift ebuild requires this and
I had it installed before I figured out that the ebuild would not work on an
amd64 system.

PTOptimizer is not working from with in Hugin as it always returns zero
values.  Building libpano12 installed PTOptimizer in /usr/bin.  Being new to
this I don't know how to test to see where the problem is.  When I run
PTOptimizer from the command line it says:

Usage: PTOptimizer /path/to/script.txt

Does that mean that PTOptimizer is OK?  How can I test this from the command
line to make sure it is OK?  If it is OK from the command line what do I need
to do in Hugin to get it working?