[ptx] New HuginOSX is out

Ippei UKAI ippei_ukai at mac.com
Tue Mar 29 13:34:21 BST 2005

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

First, Boost is not needed to be compiled; Hugin only requires its
source. I just preferred to install it because it just worked without
any effort (except being patient for a while) in my case. Please check
out the hugin sources and Xcode project, and just make sure the header
search path lets the compiler find the boost files when called like
#include <boost/graph/properties.hpp> in the hugin code.

Second, the only reason I stick with xcode is that I do not know
anything about GNU make. If you can build hugin with wxGTK, that's
super. If you compile a carbon application with wxMac, then you need to
make a .app package around the binary 'cause that's how OSX works. The
odd situation like command-line app opening a window does not let the
Window Server to handle that window correctly. There are documentations
how to make app package with command line tools, but I just couldn't
bother learning all those stuff (I'm a Mac user, not a real unix user).

Lastly, I still have no idea for the optimizer problem. Does the
current build on Windows handle the single photo optimising technique?
If not, I have to leave it that to the main developers as I'm simply
working around the problems specific to the OSX port. I don't think
there are much platform specific codes around optimizer.

Thanks,
Ippei

--
   My general MSN, AIM, and E-Mail: ippei_ukai at mac.com