[ptx] Re: New HuginOSX is out

Tim timgomeringer at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 29 01:30:10 BST 2005

Ippei,

Thank you very much for your work on HuginOSX.  I was in the process of
doing my own porting when I received your email.  I downloaded the files and
the program looks and works very well.  However, I regretfully have to
inform you that the optimizer still doesn't work correctly.  It's still
returning all zeros.  I would really like to help you solve this problem but
I haven't had much success using Xcode.  I was able to successfully compile
the Hugin using the GNU make utility.  However, the program froze when I
first started it.  At that point I started configuring Xcode so I could do
some debugging.  I have yet to have a successful compile.  Next, I tried the
source code from your website using Xcode.  I also had a problem with that
because boost isn't located in the same path that it was in your machine.  I
had to use Fink to install boost because bjam hung during compiling.  On my
machine boost is located in /sw/include/.  It seems logical that my next
step should be to get boost installed without using Fink.  I tried following
the instructions provided in install-boost.rtf and that is when it got hung
up.  Do you have any other suggestions on how to get boost installed?  It
may have something to do with my configuration.  I'm using a dual G5 with
Panther 10.3.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Tim