[ptx] Rectilinear / cylindrical / equirectangular projections tutorial available

Georges Lagarde georges.lagarde at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 17:09:35 BST 2005

As it looks you liked the English title, here is the French translation:
 *Choisir entre rectilinéaire/cylindique/équirectangulaire : c'est facile!*
**
Hmm, I should add that this tutorial only deals with the
easy cases!
 - cylindrical *vertical* panoramas, which must be assembled using
 90° roll values (or rotated after creation) are not covered.
 - large *vertical* FOV panoramas (to be more precise: panoramas
 where the angle between the top or bottom and the horizon line
 is higher than 60°) are not covered.
 Some day, perhaps...
 Most tutorials I wrote for my website derive from this post
(on Max Lyons forum) by John Houghton:
http://www.tawbaware.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=450&highlight=sphere
where he explains that PToptimizer "places" the sources images
on a sphere ( = decides of their best possible yaw, pitch, roll
and FOV values) while PTstitcher used those computed
values to project this sources images sphere on a plane or cylinder...
 This completely changed my understanding of the way
Panorama Tools works!