[ptx] Re: Hugin stitching not working

Carl von Einem einem at gmx.de
Thu Jul 7 14:18:43 BST 2005

Sean,

it's not the stitching thats wrong, you already messed up the
optimization by only optimizing one picture:

# specify variables that should be optimized
v p1 r1 y1

better do something like:
v y0 p0 r0 p1 r1

now you optimize the yaw of one picture (one should stay fix as an
anchor image), pitch and roll of both images.
I added several t1 control points (two points in one picture indicating
a vertical line in the "doors":

# Control points:
c n0 N0 x400 y362 X381 Y775 t1
# Control Point No 0: 2.43714
c n0 N0 x612 y326 X609 Y768 t1
# Control Point No 1: 0.533513
c n0 N0 x868 y285 X889 Y867 t1
# Control Point No 2: 4.32838
c n1 N1 x535 y864 X532 Y323 t1
# Control Point No 3: 2.93463

and that optimized comfortably to

#-imgfile 960 1280 0 "045.jpg"
o f0 y0 r-1.36353 p8.94349 v=0 a=0 b=0 c=0 d=0 e=0 g=0 t=0
#-imgfile 960 1280 0 "046.jpg"
o f0 y22.2485 r0.42884 p10.4035 v=0 a=0 b=0 c=0 d=0 e=0 g=0 t=0

compare my y/p/r with your values:
y20.1366 n"045.jpg"
p-0.132258 r2.0 y-7.39216 n"046.jpg"

and I didn't even optimize for v or a/b/c yet.

Carl

btw tested with PTMac (cheating with BBEdit, my text editor) since I
have no working installation of hugin yet. You see all the frontends
work happily together :-)