[ptx] Editing the panorma - help wanted

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Mon Jul 4 13:43:25 BST 2005

Lars Schimmer wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I found one problem now...
> I made some photos from a lake with some people in/on it.
> Because of the time between two photos, there are some people now on 4
> photos on different positions.
> After using hugin and optimizing and so on, the preview showed the
> person only ONCE in the panorama.
> After stitching the panorma to a jpg, the person is 5 times in it in
> different parts...
> so:
> 1. Why does the preview didn?t show the "real" panorama?

preview did no transition - it just slapped images, so differing parts
were visible from only one photo.

> 2. How can I change the .tiff (i made not just one tiff, but multiple
> tiff for the panorama) so that the person is only taken from one
> picture? Has anyone a guide for that online or a link?

that's the best way - now you must edit these tiffs so that "surplus"
poeple are deleted ;)

you can easily use gimp to erase differing areas to alpha channel.
i suppose you are using enblend on those tiffs afterwards - also see
answer 4 in it's faq at http://enblend.sourceforge.net/faq.htm

> I use hugin pre 0.5 under Windows XP x64 Edition  :-)
>
> Cya
> Lars
>
> P.S.: I have a lot of trouble with mail from this list, what has changed?

what kind of trouble ? for some reason there is very little activity,
though i haven't seen any other problems, as there are no other messages
in list archive, too.
--
  Rich