[ptx] Updates to panotools

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 30 18:29:35 BST 2005

--- Mark <nestor at nwlink.com> wrote:
> Is there a .sln or .vcproj file for the MSVC
> version?

Hi there,
Yes there is, but there is a bit of work to get it to
compile.
First, I've put the required files into CVS now -
libpano.vcproj, pano12vc.def and pan12vcd.def.

Next, libpano requires a couple of support libraries
for:
1. zlib
2. jpeg
3. png
4. tiff

Since I also need wxWidgets for hugin, I used the
versions bundled with that.
wxWidgets can be downloaded from www.wxwidgets.org.

This is more or less what I did to get libpano to
compile on windows:

1. Get libpano CVS

2. Get wxMSW-2.6.0.zip

3. Create <folder> (use whatever you desire. Try to
avoid spaces in folder names).

4. Create <folder>/Panotools and copy 1. into
<folder>/Panotools. Rename libpano to pano12

5. Unpack 2. into <folder>/

6. Open <folder>/wxWidgets-2.6.0/build/msw/wx.dsw.
Allow it to convert to later format.

If you wish to build a pano12.dll which will require
MSVCR71.DLL, then you need to skip steps 7. and 8.
For those of you who want more detail, consult the
MSDN documentation on the run-time
library options /MD and /MT
Strict GPL compliance seems to require that you do not
link to mvcrt.lib when using MS VS.net 2003

7. Choose a release solution
    For all projects ("adv" to "xrc"):
    a. Change property C/C++ / Code Generation /
Runtime Library to "Multi-threaded (/MT)"

8. Choose a Debug solution (Optional)
    For all projects ("adv" to "xrc"):
    a. Change property C/C++ - Code Generation -
Runtime Library to "Multi-threaded Debug (/MTd)"

9. Use Batch build to build the static libraries
required (wxzlib, wxpng, wxjpeg, wxtiff) for:
    - Debug (Optional)
    - Release

10. Open <folder>/PanoTools/pano12/libpano.vcproj

11. Choose the correct solution and build pano12.dll
(and pano12d.dll)

For reference my tree looks like this (where <folder>
is Projects)

Projects
   +---boost_1_32_0
   |   +---boost