[ptx] Updates to panotools

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 30 14:10:20 BST 2005

Hi all,
Yann Vernier has posted a patch to the panotools-devel
list which improves stability on 64 bit machines. I
have committed them in a slightly modified form along
with a couple (!) of other fixes.

A quick summary:

1.
libpano now compiles almost without warnings on linux
and msvc. There are two warnings left which I have not
bothered with:
ptpicker.c:1179: warning: dereferencing type-punned
pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
ptpicker.c:1195: warning: dereferencing type-punned
pointer will break strict-aliasing rules

2.
The casts used as lvalues have been removed which
means that libpano will now compile cleanly with gcc
4.x as well.

3.
libpano had a bug with png handling which I think I
have fixed.

4.
My tests on 64 bit machines seem to indicate that
libpano is a bit more stable. (It has not crashed for
me so far)

If those that have time could test the code that is in
CVS and report any problems, that would be great. :-)

regards,
Doug