[ptx] Hugin not "optimizing"... The solution ?

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 08:54:49 BST 2005

--- Brian Innes <brianinnes81 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> > So I tried to specify the location of this file
> named PT_script.txt
> > (name waited by the optimizer) in the file >
> preferences dialog (like
> > this /tmp/PT_script.txt).
> > And, miracle ! It works !!
> >
> > Thanks to all the contributors for resolving this
> problem.
> >
> > Paul Atreides
> >
> Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem I
> am having.
>
> I have specified the PT_script.txt as
> /home/brian/PT_Script.txt, which
> does exist.
>
> As I said earlier, PTOptimizer runs in the console,
> but the results
> passed back to hugin are all 0.000000
>
> :-(

Hi there,
I have two suggestions:
1. try renaming the hugin config file
(/home/brian/.hugin) and rerunning hugin.
2. if that doesn't work, recompile hugin after running
configure with the --enable-debug option and send me
the debug log that you get when you run hugin from a
terminal and attempt to optimise. Hopefully that will
give me the clues I need to fix this.

regards,
Doug