[ptx] Hugin not "optimizing"

Brian Innes brianinnes81 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 07:22:04 BST 2005

Paul Atreides wrote:

> PTOptimizer is in the path. Running it in a terminal with some .pto
> file give this results :
>
> jp at ubuntu:~/photos/caen$ PTOptimizer panocaen2.pto
> Optimizing Variables
> Strategy 1
> Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
> after 0 iteration(s):          10.6399015775022 units
> Strategy 1
> Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
> after 1 iteration(s):          4.47675342854067 units
> Strategy 1

I'd have to say that I get the same results on my amd64 gentoo machine.
Interestingly I have installed the easy install hugin version on
windows, and that works like a charm, however Windows isn't my preffered OS.

Sounds like it is something to do with Hugin not calling PTOptimizer
correctly

--
Brian