[ptx] Hugin not "optimizing"

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 01:55:10 BST 2005

On 4/25/05, Paul Atreides <paul.atreides at chti.net> wrote:
> jp at ubuntu:~/photos/caen$ PTOptimizer panocaen2.pto
> Optimizing Variables
> Strategy 1
> Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
> after 0 iteration(s):          10.6399015775022 units
> Strategy 1
> Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
> after 1 iteration(s):          4.47675342854067 units

Well, this looks good, I think. The numbers aren't 0, so it means that
PTOptimizer is actually doing something. I guess that means the
problem is in how hugin is calling PTOptimizer.

> For Rob : I've tested  "Load EXIF"  with a photography selected : no
> result. But I don't think it's path to the solution : my FOV is always
> correct, even before "Load EXIF"...

Wow, the FOV is correct even before pressing the button? If you're
using autopano-sift, the FOV should be set to 180 when you load hugin,
which you have to correct. The only way your FOV could be correct
before pressing the button is if you don't use autopano-sift but just
load the images directly into hugin and then set control points by
hand... I think hugin automatically loads exif data when you add
images to hugin by hand.

--
Urban Artography
http://artography.ath.cx