[ptx] Hugin not "optimizing"

Brian Innes brianinnes81 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 25 10:10:54 BST 2005

Hal V Engel wrote:

>On Sunday 24 April 2005 12:39 pm, Brian Innes wrote:
>

>>I have recently compiled and installed Hugin , panorama from cvs using
>>the ubuntuu tutorial.
>>
>>However it seems that Hugin is not optimizing the image, I can find all
>>the control points from hugin using autopano sift gui, however when I
>>come to optimizing, the optimizing window comes up and immediately
>>finishes with results of 0.000000 for average control point distance,
>>standard deviation and maximum.
>>
>>If I then preview the panorama all the images are pasted one on top of
>>the other.
>>
>>What gives?
>>
>>I'm running hugin compiled from CVS on gentoo amd64.
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>Brian
>>

>This has been talked about in the past on the list.  If libpano12 is compiled
>with optimization on an amd64 platform it will seg fault.  As a result
>PTOptimizer returns all 0 (zero) values to Hugin.  For you Gentoo amd64 folks
>set your CFLAGS="-O0"  (thats oh zero) on the command line when you emerge
>the panotools ebuild.  There are a few amd64 users that have not had this
>problem so it appears to depend on other factors that are not understood at
>this time.   But so far for those reporting this problem using no
>optimizations to build libpano12 fixed the problem.

I have compiled hugin from the CVS, it compiled with CFLAGS="-O2"

I have compiled Panotools from CVS, compiling with CFLAGS="-O0"

However running hugin still gives 0.000000 results, however some
optimising results appear in the console if I run hugin from it.

Not sure what to do, apart from trying hugin etc from ebuilds.

--
Brian