[ptx] hugin segfault with beta4

Emmanuel emmanuel at favre-nicolin.net
Sun Apr 24 17:55:27 BST 2005

Le Samedi 23 Avril 2005 18:57, Emmanuel a écrit :
> Le Samedi 23 Avril 2005 05:50, douglas wilkins a écrit :
> > --- Emmanuel <emmanuel at favre-nicolin.net> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've recently try to install hugin which is the beta
> > > 4 (now in contrib rpm
> > > depository). And every time hugin starts it does
> > > segfault.
> > > It displays a splash screen (~1 sec)
> > > and one second later it segfault.
> >
> > Is it possible to get the output of:
> > strace hugin
>
> as it is quite big,
> I've put it there :
> http://emmanuelfavrenicolin.free.fr/Public/Divers/Documents/strace_hugin

I finally found the core dumped (it is in ~/tmp)

gdb /usr/bin/hugin gives :
$ gdb /usr/bin/hugin ~/tmp/core.27427
GNU gdb 6.3-3mdk (Mandrakelinux)
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandrake-linux-gnu"...
(no debugging symbols found)
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

Core was generated by `hugin'.
Cannot access memory at address 0xb80014f4
#0  0xb734a1a3 in ?? ()
(gdb) Quit
(gdb) q

I could compile hugin with debug options?
(an option should be added to ./configuration to do that??)

Regards,
Emmanuel