[ptx] hugin segfault with beta4

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 23 09:50:01 BST 2005

--- Emmanuel <emmanuel at favre-nicolin.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently try to install hugin which is the beta
> 4 (now in contrib rpm
> depository). And every time hugin starts it does
> segfault.
> It displays a splash screen (~1 sec)
> and one second later it segfault.

Is it possible to get the output of:
strace hugin
also, if a core file has been written, the output of
gdb /path/to/hugin <name of core file>

would be useful

> It also write Panorama obj created in the terminal
> from wich hugin is
> launched.
> The maintainer of the package doesn't have the
> segfault on his installation!

And I don't get one either on my Mandrake installation
(my primary develpment platform)

> I try to compile it again my self.
> Compilation went fine but then segfault happens
> again...
> I compiled it with gcc 3.4 may be it could be the
> same  problem that
> Rob Park mentionned in is ubuntu tutorial.

No that is a different problem I think

> So I tried to compile with gcc 3.3.4
> To compile with a different gcc, I've tried to set
> CC CXX like this
> echo $CC $CXX
> /usr/bin/gcc-3.3.4 /usr/bin/g++-3.3.4
> but the ./configure gives :
>  CC             = gcc
> CXX            = g++
> so I don't know the clean way to compile hugin with
> the non-default g++ (I
> wouldn't like to have to uninstall gcc-3.4...). Any
> help welcome ?
> Anyway gcc is maybe not the problem?

I don't think it is, but I have been wrong before :-)

> By the way cvs has not been updated after beta4
> (Itried to update and it does
> not update anything)

No there have not been many changes since then. Bug
fixes till the release of 0.5

regards,
Doug