[ptx] Compile Hugin on Ubuntu : Error on compiling libpano

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 15:18:07 BST 2005

Bruno Postle wrote:
> I'm fairly sure that this is the only package you need to compile
> libpano12:
>
>>ii  libgcj5-dev    3.4.3-9ubuntu4 Java development headers and static
>>library

I'm not sure. I was getting this same error for a while too, then I
finally installed something that made it work, I guess I forgot to write
it down or something. As I recall, I had installed the gcj packages, and
  then there were a few "suggested" packages that apt-get wasn't
installing, and the compile didn't work until I installed those
packages. I know fastjar was one of them, but I forget what the other
ones were.

Hmmmm, looking here:

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/gij-3.4

That's not very helpful, it just suggests to install gcj.

> What would be useful would be a patch to make --without-java an
> option when configuring.

Is pano12 written in java? I'm not sure exactly what you'd lose from
pano12 if you just disabled java...

--
Urban Artography
http://artography.ath.cx