[ptx] wxwidgets 2.5?

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 07:31:17 BST 2005

Ok, so I've changed my workstation from FC3 to Ubuntu, and I'm faced
with the task of compiling and installing the full panorama toolchain
(autopano-sift, libpano12, hugin, enblend) from source, as there are
no ubuntu packages that I'm aware of. So far I've got everything but
hugin installed, which I'm working on now.

Unfortunately, the way it looks is that wxwidgets 2.4 on ubuntu/debian
is only compiled against gtk1, and wxwidgets 2.5 is built against
gtk2. The problem is, I think gtk1 is ugly, and it's not installed on
my system, and I don't want to install it! ;)

Now, I know on fedora I've compiled hugin to work with gtk2 and
wxwidgets 2.4; that was a matter of installing the gtk2 rpm of
wxwidgets from the website, and then compiling hugin with some flags
to enable gtk2. The problem here is that the debian repos don't offer
wxwidgets2.4 compiled against gtk2, so I'm stuck... If I install
wxwidgets2.4, it'll be gtk1-only, which sucks.

So, is any effort being made to port hugin to the new wxwidgets 2.5?
Is this something I can enable myself, or...?

Thanks.

--
Urban Artography
http://artography.ath.cx