[ptx] Pano12.dll

Marek Januszewski spec at webtech.pl
Wed Apr 6 14:46:27 BST 2005

Bruno Postle wrote:
> On Wed 06-Apr-2005 at 09:13 -0400, Marek Januszewski wrote:
>

>>http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/hugin/hugin/utils/hugin.nsi?rev=1.6&view=auto
>

> That's nice, enabling HUGIN_ALLINONE adds these extra files to the
> installer:
>
>   File "pano12.dll"
>   File "PTStitcher.exe"
>   File "PTOptimizer.exe"
>   File "autopano.exe"
>   File "enblend.exe"
>
> This could do with some tweaking: pano12.dll, PTOptimizer.exe and
> enblend.exe should become part of the default Windows installation -
> Since they are fully distributable and quite small.
>
> I think PTStitcher.exe and autopano.exe should remain in the
> HUGIN_ALLINONE build option since they are not "open source" (we
> couldn't put them into the sourceforge download system for example).

I've actually never tried ptoptimizer from panotools project. is it stable?

I don't want to ask same questions over and over again, but I thought
ptstitcher is theorhetically open source, except there was no source
released by the author. or did the license only applied to the dll?

I think it should go into hugin FAQ (just to avoid me asking the same
question again): "Why aren't pano12.dll, PTStitcher.exe,
PTOptimizer.exe, autopano.exe, enblend.exe distributed along with hugin
installation?"

thanks,
Marek