[ptx] luminance processing

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Sat Sep 25 16:20:55 BST 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 16:08, Chris wrote:

> > Mapping value (RGB synchronously) as when lowering gamma tends to
> > exagerate the saturation in R, G, and B and dodge the other colors. The
> > fog is less visible but coulours are not natural (as can be seen on my pics).
>
> I think fog causes information loss, thus cannot be perfectly hide. The
> fog makes the hisogram narrower, everything goes to grey. The deeper the
> fog is, the more greyish (or greyish blue under the sky) the image part is.

One could use the unsharp filter with a very large radius (around 50 px)
to reduce haze and some fog. I'm not sure however whether this would
solve Philippe's problem as the results look really bad to me, maybe the
source pictures have some other problems already.

But then, all this sure goes beyond the scope of this list. Maybe
Gimpguru or similar might be appropriate?

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>
http://www.HaJo.Net

PGP-Key:  http://www.hajo.net/hajonet/keys/pgpkey_hajo.txt