[ptx] autopano-sift-1.6-win-1.zip, No more Gtk#. Windows users please test :)

Thorsten Vieth t.vieth at gmx.de
Mon Sep 20 09:30:59 BST 2004

Hi Sebastian,

downloaded the 1.6 version, unpacked, and copied the content of your zip
file over the existing versions. I did not get autopano-sift to work
from hugin, even after copying the lib-files to the hugin directory. The
command line for generatekeys.exe and autopano.exe seemed to run fine at
first.

When trying to generate keys (just tested with 2 pictures so far), one
downside was the HUGE memory consumption. I have 512 MB RAM, which is
probably not very much. I observed hefty CPU peaks while generating
keys. At the same time, my virtual memory file grew from about 600 MB to
1.5 GIG (!). Autopano-sift crashed because not enough virtual memory was
available when the swap file was at 1.6 GIG. Hope that helps.

Regards
Thorsten