[ptx] Super-resolution images from many registered digicam images

Sebastian Nowozin nowozin at cs.tu-berlin.de
Sat Sep 18 07:20:09 BST 2004

Hi Jim and all the others feeding the discussion :)

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 02:16:15PM -0400, Jim Watters wrote:

> Have you looked at ALE   http://auricle.dyndns.org/ALE/
> I saw and downloaded it a few days ago but have not had a chance to play
> with it.

Great, I just tested it and its really a good deal. See the attached pictures,
created from four digital camera images (one 2x upscaled is
one-basis-scale2.png) to one 2x scaled fused image (four-to-one-ale.png). On
closer inspection you will be able to read the word "press" in the logo in the
fused image, but its impossible to read in the original image.

The command line I used:
ale --scale=2.0 --q2 dsc*.tif output.tif

It takes a while, but I think its a great thing :)
>From the manual it also looks like you can define camera profiles and the
layout of the Bayer filter to closer model the image processing chain happening
in the camera.

ciao,
Sebastian

--