[ptx] multilayer tiff -> enblend -> multilayer tiff?

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Fri Sep 17 22:42:19 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 01:52, Terje Mathisen wrote:
> The solution isn't too hard:
>
> Save both the enblend inputs and output, and then manually import the
> relevant source images to edit out any ghosts or parallax problems.
>
> I've done this many times, particularly when a pano contains water with
> small ripples: Enblend really cannot work out how to blend this, so I
> have to handle it manually anyway.

Aha.  That is true.  I will do this for my first few enblend tests.
Thanks for the tip.  (I agree, water is often easy to edit by eye, but
you cannot automate it.)

http://halley.cc/pix/?f=vermont.rapids  (no enblend used)

But a convenient way to manage this would be to have enblend read
multilayer tiffs and output multilayer tiffs;  the results would simply
be a new merged layer appended "over" the existing input layers.  Having
enblend do this would ensure that it is properly registered with the
other layers.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]