[ptx] Super-resolution images from many registered digicam images

Johnny Deadman lists at johnbrownlow.com
Fri Sep 17 13:57:44 BST 2004

Using a mosaic of images of a scene shot using a narrower field of view
(longer lens) is, for many subjects, a vastly preferable approach and
has been successfully used to create some of the highest resolution
images ever produced.

The anti-aliasing filter on a digicam sensor really does put an upper
limit on the frequency of information that the sensor is able to render
at a particular image magnification. You will always be fighting that,
whereas using a longer lens allows you to resolve much finer detail.

There are circumstances where your approach might be preferable though,
for example where the image is very sensitive to parallax (a macro
image comes to mind).

--
John Brownlow
Deep Fried Films, Inc