[ptx] multilayer tiff -> enblend -> multilayer tiff?

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Thu Sep 16 22:45:47 BST 2004

I would like to start using enblend to deal with the last 2% of exposure
issues in my larger pano/mosaics.  However, I think enblend only outputs
a single layer tiff?

Working with multiple layer tiff in the GIMP is a necessity for me; I
find any moving or clipped objects and choose the appropriate seams
manually.  However, if I took Hugin's output through enblend, this
capability is gone-- enblend would choose the final pixel mix for me.

Can enblend currently output GIMP-ready multiple layer tiffs?  The
website does not appear to address this.  If not, can someone look at
how hard this would be to add?  Basically, instead of flattening, just
go over each of the overlapping areas and rewrite the
exposure/color-corrected pixels to each affected layer distinctly.

Or am I confused about enblend's math?

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]