[ptx] HuginOSX news

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Thu Sep 9 00:28:28 BST 2004

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004, Ippei UKAI wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your interests! I've got two emails about Hugin on OSX
> last week asking how to compile. I have updated all the files on my
> homepage, binaries and sources. A kind of installation guide for
> libraries have been included in the sources.

Hmm, how about the build system. can it be added easily? (See lots of
._.DS_Store files and so on in your sources.)
Are all these files needed to build hugin on the mac? Or would it be
possible to use the existing Makefiles? (with different compilerflags, of
cause). This would make maintance easier, since I would only need to
update the Makefiles, if new classes etc. occur.

I have noticed that wxWindows allready contains something like ressources
(basically a virtual file system compiled into the binary executable, if I
remember correctly). How does that differ from the MacOS specific
ressources you have used? Maybe it's possible to do the ressources in a
cross platform way (its probably useful on windows as well).

> If the developers on not only Mac but other systems downloaded the
> sources and checked what changes have been made, I would be more than
> happy.

I have just added your changes to the current CVS. they should be available
whenever the anonymous CVS get updated. (less than 24 hours). Could you try
and see if it works out of the box?

If you want, I can also add you to the developers list on sourceforge,
so you can commit fixes for the mac directly. There is also a mailing list
for all changes in the CVS repository, maybe that's interesting as well.

> If you are Mac user, please try out the binaries and report bugs and
> problems on this mailing list. As the new semester is starting, I'm
> going to be busy, but I would live to try my best, and, moreover, there
> are many other developers as well in the community.

I'll try to add the MacOS stuff more timely next time. Good luck with your
studies.

Btw. is it ok to add a link from the hugin homepage to your site?