[ptx] Re: hugin snapshot

Pablo dAngelo Pablo.dAngelo at web.de
Tue Oct 26 23:12:40 BST 2004

Bruno Postle <bruno at postle.net> schrieb am 26.10.04 23:31:18:

> > If we make an installer, it would probably be a good idea to
> > supply the associated programs, like pano12.dll, PTOptimizer.exe,
> > PTStitcher.exe, enblend and maybe autopano.exe with it as well
> > (and install it into the base hugin directory).
>
> I often hear the nullsoft windows installer is good:
>
>   http://nsis.sourceforge.net/
>
> Distributing PTStitcher.exe is impossible without breaking the
> license, it's probably also against the sourceforge AUP to put it in
> their download system.

Hmm... Haven't thought about that yet.. Hmm. that wouldn't be great,
but I think its quite important to have an all inclusive package for windows.
The Panotools installer package from Max contains only an older pano12.dll,
so I think it should be replaced by something equivalent. I can place the download
on my university homepage if it absolutely needed, however, its probably not as
reliable as the source forge mirrored downloads...

> Does all this packaging discussion mean hugin is ready to be tagged
> 0.4.0 and have a release? ;-)

Not yet, but close :) Its about time, I think.

I think were in a good state to release, after the new autoconf build system has stabilized.
Or are they any release critical bugs or some things that are really important to be fixed before?