[ptx] Problems with Autopano-Sift, Hugin, Enblend workflow for windows

Mark nestor at nwlink.com
Fri Oct 1 08:27:24 BST 2004

I'm trying to put together a reasonable install/process workflow for windows
that we can use.

I've grovelled the archives with little to show, of course my groveller may
be v1.0...

Here's what I encounter (please send updates to show where I must have
messed up):

Installation (XPsp2)

1. Install Autopano-sift
(http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~nowozin/autopano-sift/autopano-sift-1.7-win-1.exe).
2. Install Mono/GTK#
(http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfcontent/file.php/monowin32/Mono%20Win32%20Combined%20Installer/v1.0.2.7/mono-1.0.2-gtksharp-1.0.2-win32-0.7.exe)
3. Install Hugin
(http://hugin.sourceforge.net/snapshots/windows/hugin_2004_09_15-01_30_win32.zip)
4. Install Enblend
(http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~mihal/enblend/enblend-1.3.zip)

Running autopano-sift:
1. (Ugly, first crack, you can improve on this) in CMD do (yeah, default
places):
    "c:\Program Files\Mono-1.0.2\bin\mono" "c:\Program
Files\Autopano-SIFT-1.7\autopanog.exe"
    to get the autopano GUI started. Watch the error/warnings fly by. One
    would think that proper programming would NEVER produce these...
2. Load the images. The UI isn't standard, but you can get there...
3. Click "Compute"...

Autopanog always dies with:
Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set
to an instance of an object
in <0x0006d> Autopanog:OnComputeClicked (object,System.EventArgs)
in <0x00066> (wrapper delegate-invoke)
System.MulticastDelegate:invoke_void_object_EventArgs
(object,System.EventArgs)
in <0x00109> GtkSharp.voidObjectSignal:voidObjectCallback (intptr,int)
in <0x0005a> (wrapper native-to-managed)
GtkSharp.voidObjectSignal:voidObjectCallback (intptr,int)
in (unmanaged) (wrapper managed-to-native) Gtk.Application:gtk_main ()
in <0x00004> (wrapper managed-to-native) Gtk.Application:gtk_main ()
in <0x00007> Gtk.Application:Run ()
in <0x00038> Autopanog:Main (string[])

Any ideas where I've messed up?