[ptx] Re: compiled panotools gimp 2.0/2.2 plugin (win32)

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Thu Nov 25 08:28:36 GMT 2004

On Wed 24-Nov-2004 at 14:15 -0500, spec wrote:

> A little off-topic question: what do I do with the commands in Pan
> Controls menu?

It is a mini panorama viewer, you have to put an image into the
'buffer' first:

  Adjust -> Parameters -> Use Options -> Set -> Save to Buffer

Though, I can't really see what practical use it might have.

> is there a way to set control points in gimp?

It involved manually pasting little 'tags' which were actually
images with a number and a bar-code.  Some part of the program read
the source image and extracted the control points from these tags.

This system was awful, ptpicker was a vastly better system and hugin
is much better than that.

I think the only useful parts of the plugin remaining are the
'Correct', 'Perspective' and 'Remap' tools.

--
Bruno