[ptx] libpano12-cvs: make error under cygwin

Douglas Wilkins douglasw at zahav.net.il
Sun Nov 14 18:50:24 GMT 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 18:05 +0100, Gerhard Gaussling wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> After the success under debian sarge/SID with the new libpano12
> buildsystem, I'm wondering if I'll able to copmpile it under cygwin.
>
> I had to add the following lines to my ~/.bashrc, because the libpano12
> buildsystem lacks the fine definition which autotool versions should be
> used, so the autotools wrappers of cygwin couldn't detect the needed
> version accurately (see the link to a message of Corinna Vinshen):

Looking through that email, if the version in the AC_PREREQ statement
(in configure.ac) is greater than 2.13, which it is, then it will use
the 2.5x version of the tools. Also according to that email, the wrapper
scripts should then take care of path issues, but it look like it did
not on your machine :-(

[snip]

> gcc: fork: Permission denied

which version of gcc is cygwin running? fork errors are normally
compiler errors, trying to fork a separate process ie the assembler, not
permissions in the source directories.

> ls -Rla in the libpano resulted in rw files and dirs for the actual user
> Illustratrion. I'm not very familar with cygwin, so I don't know why
> this error appears. Any clues?

For what it is worth, I tested the current autotools build on windows
under msys/mingw and that worked. I have not tried a cygwin build
though.

regards,
Doug