[ptx] libpano12 - build with GNU autoconf, automake and libtool

Gerhard Gaussling ggrubbish at web.de
Sun Nov 7 15:07:30 GMT 2004

Am Sonntag 07 November 2004 15:22 schrieb Andreas Hirczy:
> Hi,
>
> I have made a first attempt to create an alternative build system for
> libpano12 utilizing GNU autoconf, automake and libtool.
>

> PLATFORMS:
>
> Debian GNU/Linux Testing (3.1) + Unstable:
>
>        These work has been done on Debian GNU/Linux Testing and
> Unstable - PTOptimizer is working, but I can not get hugin from CVS
> to work.

Hello Andreas,

good to hear that, because I think it is a good idea to get a build
system which is able to automate the build process of the panotools on
different platforms. I don't understand much of the GNU autotools, but
today I found on the web this book, because of the troubles I hasve to
compile hugin from cvs checkout source (see thread from yesterday):

"The Goat Book''  GNU Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool by
Gary V. Vaughan, Ben Elliston, Tom Tromey and Ian Lance Taylor
2000 by New Riders publishing

http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/
http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_toc.html#SEC_Contents
This document was generated by Gary V. Vaughan on September, 12 2004

This might be helpfull to all developers who want to use the GNU
autotools build system. I don't know if this is usefull for somebody,
but it seems to be relatively new, and maybe this info is helpful to
you. Due to the fact, that I'm not a programmer the book didn't help me
to compile hugin from cvs ;-( .

Kind regards

Gerhard Gaußling