[ptx] autopano-sift on windows

Chris Cothrun mutagen at gmail.com
Tue May 25 06:57:37 BST 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004 06:52:17 +0200, Sebastian Nowozin
<nowozin at cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 09:11:06PM -0700, Chris Cothrun wrote:
> > Anyone have it working? Have any suggestions on which versions of mono and
> > gtk# are needed to get it working?
>
> Two people from this list managed to get the non-GUI parts working, most
> importantly autopano.exe and generatekeys.exe. But according to their reports,
> it was not easy.

Ah, perhaps my time is better spent elsewhere :)

 {snip}

> When Mono 1.0 ships in the end of June, I will do a good Windows version
> against the stable API and put it on my page. Until then, I am sorry.
> (I will take a quick look in the next few days, though)

No need to apologize!

My Linux system is currently in bad shape, maybe I should spend some
time getting LILO back in order. It is also slower than my Windows
system, although it is a dual processor (does autopano-sift take
advantage of SMP?). Besides, Hugin runs better on Linux, maybe I can
do autopano-sift and examine control points on Linux and then transfer
over to the faster Windows system to do the optimization, output files
and enblend. I start on the next pano while the first is finishing! :)

I also spent an hour getting started with coLinux, a port of the Linux
kernel to the win32 api. Maybe thats a better route for running
autopano-sift on Windows :)

-Chris