[ptx] How to make REALLY good Panorama?

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Thu May 13 18:43:10 BST 2004

ptx-bounces at email-lists.org wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I read some time here and has tried to make some panorama. But nothing
> was really satisfied.
> Has anyone a guideline how to make a real satisfied panorama on my own?
> like: go out, take pictures wirh camera on automatic without a tripod
> and used hugin to stitch, but...

This is actually relatively easy these days, at least compared to how it
used to be just a a couple of years ago! :-)

The first part, taking the source images, still requires either a tripod
with a pano head, or a bit of experience to allow you to keep the center
of the camera in a stable position.

Afterwards you can use Autopano to replace much of the drudge work in
placing control points.

Hugin (or PTAsm/PTGui) will then allow you to optimize the placement of
each image on a virtual sphere around the camera point.

Finally, Enblend can often do a _very_ good job in stitching the
individual images together to generate a final result.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>