[ptx] largest nona image possible?

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Sat May 8 14:39:25 BST 2004

I'm unable to stitch 18Kx9K 12-image panoramas with nona, even going
straight to a flattened JPEG, because nona requires the remapped layers
to remain resident for the entire run.  On RHEL3, the working set grows
to 3GB and dies, even though the final image is less than half of 1GB
uncompressed.

(At least, my version requires that-- cvs seems to be down.)

I'm not trying to outdo Max Lyons' gigapixel, by any means.  However, it
would be really helpful if we could move nona a bit closer to keeping
only the necessary elements in memory at a given time.

There's a "testing" section of code which can save partial results, but
no code to free the partial images, and reload them individually on the
merging passes.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]