[ptx] Enblend 1.0

Jim Watters jimwatters at rogers.com
Tue Mar 30 02:33:46 BST 2004

The paper "Registration, Calibration and Blending in Creating High
Quality Panoramas" by Ken Turkowski and Yalin Xiong
http://www.worldserver.com/turk/computergraphics/papers.html
Describe a way of creating a special mask image first that defines where
the seams should be.  This eliminates any problems with the order that
images are blended.  See Fig 7 in paper.
Each image is assigned a number 1 to n
Each pixel on the mask is assigned number to represent the source image
that contributes best.
When determining the seam not only is the edge of the mask considered
but also any existing seams.
...Best to read the paper.  No algorithm given but the it is described
in better detail.

I think it was a discussion on Enblend that pointed me to this paper.

 Jim Watters

 Graphic Software Developer
 http://members.rogers.com/jimwatters