[ptx] More questions on autopano-sift

alexandre jenny alexandre.jenny at le-geo.com
Wed Mar 3 13:17:57 GMT 2004

Let's respond to that ... Even I'm not sebastian.

Yes, you're right, there's no key pairs verification systems like a ransac
or hough transform.
In my own version of autopano, I used a ransac approach to get rid of the
false pair of points
founded beetween 2 pictures. After that you can use the same statistical
approach as brown
to see if there is a probability of more than 97% match by using ni > 5.9f *
0.22*nf, (ni, ransac
inlers, and nf ransac outlers). So you have criterion to check if pictures
matches.
The next stage is to regroup by panorama and have a small Levenberg
Marquardt algorithm to
recalculate yaw, pitch, roll to get a really good estimation of picture's
position.

My source of inspiration were the ltilib, if you want to look into
algorithms.

I will release my full version of autopano soon.

Bye
   Alexandre