[ptx] Autopano-sift -> Hugin -> Enblend Workflow

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Sun Jun 27 12:35:00 BST 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Sebastian Nowozin wrote:

> Hi Rik and others,
>

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 12:35:49AM -0700, Rik Littlefield wrote:
>
> > Like others I never succeeded in getting autopano-sift to work under
> > Windows.
>
> I am sorry for all the inconenience getting it to work on Windows. This is
> mostly because I choose to adopt .NET on Linux early and to go with the Gtk#
> library for image input functionality. There were many breakages in the
> compilation, sometimes because I made a mistake and the Mono C# compiler did
> only notice in later versions, and number of times because the Gtk# library API
> changed.
>

> But here is the good news: Both Mono and Gtk# will go 1.0 in the first week of
> July (that is, next week) with a stable API. I will then do a new release with
> some minor new features and hopefully easy deployment on Windows as well as
> Linux.

great!

I found autopano-sift to be much more reliable than autopano.kolor.com, and
I use it for my pano's all the time.

I'm just changing the autopano calling in hugin, so that autopano-sift
can be used as well. Sebastian, could you ship the final release with
suitable autopano-complete.bat and autopano-complete.sh files, that allow
setting all needed options from the commandline?

I'm using the attatched autopano-complete.sh file, which I will call
directly from hugin from now on.