[ptx] Autopano-sift -> Hugin -> Enblend Workflow

Chris Cothrun mutagen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 05:58:21 BST 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:43:54 +0900, Ian Sydenham
<ian_sydenham at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is anyone interested in discussing Autopano-sift ->Hugin -> Enblend workflow
> using W2k?

I'm using much the same workflow on XP.

> Panorama software:
> Pano12.dll: v2.7 Beta3 - Rik Littlefield
> Autopano-sift: v1.3 - Sebastian Nowozin
> Hugin: hugin snapshot - hugin_2004_03_25-08_41_win32
> Enblend: Enblend1.3- with patch by Edouard Gomez as incorporated into the latest
> enblend at http://wurm.wh-wurm.uni-ulm.de/~redman/enblend.exe

I'm curious about how you got Autopano-soft working under Windows.
I've tried and run into all sorts of dependancy problems that I never
did get sorted out. A kind list reader even sent me some .dlls that
were working for him but these didn't work for me either. I was
playing around with colinux at the same time and ended up using that
to get Autopano-sift running.

> 2. Run a batch file I have created
> (C:\Program Files\autopano-sift\bin\AutopanoIt.cmd) to create the Hugin Project
> File (normally Hugin.pto). The batch file checks to make sure that I have got
> some files to work with, creates the autopano key files and then calls
> autopano-sift to create the hugin file.

> 15. I delete the 0 byte file nona.tiff (leaving nona.tif for later use) then
> start enblend using a batch file I have created
> C:\Program Files\autopano-sift\bin\EnblendIt.cmd.
> The batch file looks for tiff files in the directory C:\Program
> Files\autopano-sift\tmp and runs enblend to create a JPG file enblended.tif.
> This works not only with multiple layer tiff files, but also with multiple tiff
> files (I have not tried it with a mix of both). It then uses image magic
> "convert.exe" to convert this to a (smaller) PNG file and deletes the enblended
> tiff file.

Any chance of sharing these batch files you've created?

--
- Chris