[ptx] Re: Enblend suggestion: focus score weighting

Andrew C Mihal mihal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 18 19:04:05 BST 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Sebastian Nowozin wrote:

> The really interesting case is for areas where there are three or more
> images. Then, instead of choosing the pixel to be blended with by random
> or by the order of images given on the commandline, one could make this
> decision based on the quality of its focus.

You mean when there are extra images that would otherwise be considered
redundant. Surely in this case it would be useful to have a metric to
choose which image is better than the other.

Remember if the extra data is not redundant it means that there is a seam
somewhere that needs to be blended, so we have the same problem as before
- you can't just arbitrarily favor the in-focus image or the blend will
not look good.

Andrew

Andrew Mihal
www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~mihal