[ptx] Autopano Help Needed - No Output

Steve Schacht shot at adeptool.com
Thu Jun 17 15:21:07 BST 2004

Thanks for the quick reply!

On Jun 17, 2004, at 8:11 AM, alexandre jenny wrote:

> Well this one seems strange :
> - Having around 50000 keys per pictures is really huge (I suspect an
> issue
> here).

Each image file is about 37MB, so I don't know what a "typical" number
of keys is for an image that size.

> - "Pair (  0,  1) REMOVED  (Ransac nf 188, ni 0, residu 1.79769e+308)"
>   clearly says, theses picture have nothing in common ...
>
> So do you used the 16 bits as autopano input ? If yes, just use some
> temporary 8 bits pictures for the control points calculation.

Hmmm, that never occurred to me.  I don't  have a very thorough
understanding of what's going on "under the hood" in autopano, so I
guess I didn't realize that was a valid thing to do.  Yes, I'm using
16-bit images as input to autopano.  Just to make sure I understand,
are you saying I can use "temporary" 8-bit images as input to autopano,
and then use the full quality 16-bit images in, for example, ptgui if I
output a ptgui project file?  I shall  give it a try...

Thanks for the help,

---
Steve Schacht
shot at adeptool.com