[ptx] Autopano Help Needed - No Output

Steve Schacht shot at adeptool.com
Thu Jun 17 15:02:02 BST 2004

I've had no success in getting autopano to do anything useful.  Here's
the scoop...  I'm using autopano on 16-bit TIFF images in order to
obtain a high resolution final image for post processing and print.
Each image file is about 37MB in size.  After removing the color
profiles from the images, I no longer get the "unknown field" dialogs,
so that's great (thanks, Glenn).  To keep things simple, I am trying it
on just two images of a vertical pan.  Following are the results I
get...

> FIND PICTURES
>   Found 2 pictures
>       0 -> IMAGE_01_P1.tif
>       1 -> IMAGE_01_P2.tif
>
> SIFT DETECTION
>   Keypoints file for IMAGE_01_P1.tif not found, calculating keys
>   Keypoints file for IMAGE_01_P2.tif not found, calculating keys
>   Reading keypoints for IMAGE_01_P1.tif, found 56522 keys
>   Reading keypoints for IMAGE_01_P1.tif, found 57470 keys
>
> MATCHING KEYS
>   Building kdTree with 113992 keys
>   Matching points kd-Tree
> search........................................
>   Global Matchs : 188
>
> PICTURE PAIRS VALIDATION
>   Pair (  0,  1) REMOVED  (Ransac nf 188, ni 0, residu 1.79769e+308)
>
> PANORAMA CREATION
>
> FINAL CLEAN

There's no output of any kind - no new folder, no image files, no
nothing.  I have no idea what's going on or why.  Can anyone shed some
light?  The above is after invoking the program with no command line
parameters - i.e. using just the default settings.  However, I have
tried a couple different command line parameters to no avail.  Am I
overlooking something simple?

Thanks for any help,

---
Steve Schacht