[ptx] Enblend suggestion: focus score weighting

Rik Littlefield rj.littlefield at computer.org
Thu Jun 17 06:19:57 BST 2004

Sebastian,

I ran into another extended-depth-of-focus tool today.  It is a plugin
to ImageJ (http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/).  The plugin is at
http://bigwww.epfl.ch/demo/edf/index.html .  It references a paper named
"Extended Depth-of-Focus for Multi-Channel Microscopy Images: A Complex
Wavelet Approach", which I find posted at
http://bigwww.epfl.ch/publications/forster0401.pdf .  They claim that it
gives significantly better results than the "classical" variance
approach, particularly in homogeneous areas.  I'm just posting the
reference here so that we can find it again if somebody wants to work on
extended depth of focus.

--Rik